Thursday 5 October 2017

News Production Unit - Presenter Research

Our group decided that I was going to be the on location presenter as I have experience in previous projects for presenting which turned out really well. I am very excited for the role but I felt I needed to do some more research to make sure when I delivered it was as good as it could be.

I found a short video on the BBC Academy website that was with Fiona Bruce about how she finds presenting the news. She gives tips and information about how to deliver news and to present in a way that connects to the audience. Although I will be on location rather than in a studio I felt some of the things she says will be very useful for all types of presenting.



I also had a look at another video on the BBC Academy website on how to read an Auto-cue. Although this will be the job of the studio presenters it was nice to understand how it is meant to be done naturally so I can direct the studio shoot and feedback to the presenters on how I want them to do it. 



Whilst looking for on location tips, I came across a really interesting video on Youtube. It was a filmed discussion group from a professional that tells you how you can be the best presenter. This has given me a lot of confidence after watching this as one of the things he says is to be myself, don't try to be anyone else and let my personality shine through. The more confident you are with yourself on camera the better you will come across and the more well received you will be. He also said to make sure when we are doing a piece to camera we must be anchored to the floor rather than moving about as this can be distracting for the audience and can also be distracting for the person who is presenting.



No comments:

Post a Comment