Thursday 19 October 2017

News Production Unit - Liaising With Companies and External People

As the sole producer I was responsible for contacting and liaising with the places and people we wanted to film. I first started off with Shocktoberfest as they had a contact number for their press office on their website. I had a phone conversation with the press manager Ed as I talked about who we were and what our objectives were for the shoot. He agreed press access for me and the crew as well as an interview with a senior member of the events team. I followed this up with an email just to confirm.




Once this was established I then moved onto the next Item we wanted to shoot which was Ocktoberfest. Since there was no number for press I sent them an email to the press department but I received no reply. 



I decided to send a very similar email to the Diwali events team to see if I had any luck with them and they were more responsive. They agreed for us to have press access to the event and to film on the location on the condition we had approval from the Uni so we sent them over the risk assessment that had been signed by a member of Uni staff.



When emailing and speaking on the phone I made sure I was professional and very clear about the project we were doing as well as leaving important contact details so they could get in contact with me if they needed to. I kept up communication throughout and made sure we secured our locations. 

I was also In charge of securing the presenters once we had picked them. I made sure to email them under dreys account expressing interest in them being part of the film. After individual Skype interviews they were happy to proceed and turned up to the studios on time due to the call sheets I had produced. 








No comments:

Post a Comment