Monday 30 April 2018

Transitions Unit - Location Recce 2

With a new idea, this meant reconsidering locations. I wanted something that could reflect the middle class background and that would work with the vision I was having in my head. I instantly thought about using a house from a family member as it would be perfect for what I was trying to achieve. The first thought was a converted barn that we could use in East Malling. I went to visit but after I looked around I felt it didn't really convey what I was imagining. practically there were a lot of issues with stairs and the whole house was very open planned, It had a very traditional style as well and I was imagining something a bit more modern.

I next went with the group to a woman I know called Carolyn. We had a look round and took some pictures of different rooms. I got a more modern feel to the place and I started to imagine the scenes in each room. There were also a lot of corridors which I felt would look great to film in and add atmosphere and depth if we filmed it on a track. You can see some photos of the location below:







There were TV's in the 2 rooms (the bedroom, the living room) which would work great, the space was large enough to get the shots I needed but also created a claustrophobic feel when walking down corridors and not knowing whats round the corner. It was also great blocking wise as the house had a really good flow from scene to scene.

Outside of the house was a Lane which is privately owned by the residents of the road. I spoke to Carolyn about the possibility of using it for the outside scenes. She agreed that this would be fine to use if we made sure that it's ok with the neighbours and I feel the lane is perfect visually.

Overall we all agreed that is would be the ideal location and we feel this is the best place for the project.

No comments:

Post a Comment