Thursday 12 April 2018

As Live Production Unit - Script Final Version

Over the course of the coming weeks I have been talking closely with the producers to finalise my part of the script. As mentioned in a previous post I created a first draft which was correctly formatted and layed out how everyone wanted it to. The visuals of each camera were clearly displayed with the number and framing. It also shows where the graphics come in and out and the stings as well.  There was also camera movement which worked with the camera plan. You can see the first two pages below:





Moving forward with this script we developed this with versions 3, 4 and was able to come to our final 5th script. The dialogue had changed quite a bit through versions 2, 3 and 4 so my side had to be ajusted to make sure it all still married up with the words. Also throughout rehearsals I was able to understand that I was making it a lot more complicated than I needed it to be so taking some shots out were important.

You can see below the first 3 pages of the final script and how its a lot more simpler to create a cleaner look for the show. 




I have put as directed on a few shots incase I want to add any shots in there so the crew can be prepared but I am planning to stick with it being a lot more simpler and cleaner. Once the dialogue had been established in version 4 there wasnt so many changes in my part of the script but from the first version the script has changed quite a lot to help accomodate the show and to make it all flow better.

Overall I am very happy with the final script and feel confident enough if I was to write one again in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment