Monday 23 April 2018

As Live Production Unit - Final Rehearsals And Transmission

On rigging day, I was in from 8am to be sure I could go over my notes and prepare for our last full rehearsal. As the set was being rigged downstairs Me and Gavin went down to watch the set being built and liased with the lighting team and set set design team to make sure everything was in order. We felt this was important as if there was any questions they needed to ask us then we were there to answer them. By 11am the set was built and we was very happy with the final result and how it looked.




Although it was discussed that at 9.00am was our call time, some members of the team were late due to traffic so the rehearsal got held back slightly as the set design and lighting team were all ready to go. Once the whole team were there everyone was on talk back and we were ready to start rehearsing with the set for the first time. This raised a few issues like making sure the framing was right and that the camera wasnt displaying over the edge of the set. The wall from behind the set into the soft area also had a gap where you could see back stage when the cameras were at certain angles to I had to make sure none of the shots could see this.

I had learnt from the last rehearsal that being stressed doesnt get you anywhere and that remaining calm and collected was the way I had to be. Over the 3 run throughs, everything had gone well. I didnt lose my place on the script, I was hitting all the stings, music and cues at the right time and the show looked cleaner and more professional. I felt alot more confident that I was at a level where I could direct this show to the standard I wanted it to be at.

We all went for an early lunch and then was back in the studio for 1pm where everyone was preparing for the real transmission. I was liaising with all departments over talk back to ensure everyone was on track and ready to go for 2pm. All crew responded that everything was fine and that we were all ready to transmission. We then got the audience in and seated and made our final checks. I was begining to get nervous but I remained calm as I knew I needed to be for the show to go as well as it could do.

When we transmissioned I felt it went really well. I was able to direct all the departments including the lighting, music, cameras, VT's and graphics in a proffesional manner that was on time and looked clean on screen. Over all I am very happy with how my half of the show went and pleased I accomplished what I found very difficult to begin with.


No comments:

Post a Comment