Tuesday 10 April 2018

As Live Production Unit - Third Rehearsal

This will be our final rehearsal before our transmission week. Del wanted 3 full run-throughs of the show by the afternoon so we had the morning to practice on a few things we were unsure about. This for me had to be my hardest rehearsal days.

We had all the real VT's, Graphics, Stings and music and this was my first time tying them all together and making it all work. I struggled a lot with the timings, the cues and getting everything appearing when they were meant to. This for me was disheartening as I had worked so hard on the last rehearsal and felt like it was all coming together. Multi taking was the biggest issue for me as I was trying to do so many things at once and it was really difficult getting it all in the right order. The stings I kept missing and as a result of trying to multi task I was losing my place on the script constantly which then led the show to stop and start again.

With my difficulties this led me into a bit of a panic as I felt I was going round in circles and the show is transmissioned next week. Taking a step back from it, this was probably my main downfall of why the rehearsal did not go as planned. Rather than in previous rehearsals keeping calm and collected, I let stress get the better of me which caused a domino effect for everything else rather than pulling it all together. This is something I have learned and I will not let stress affect me in next weeks rehearsal and transmission day. I have proven in the last rehearsal that I've got the skill and the ability to do it I just need to keep calm and feel confident in myself to direct the show.

I will take a lot from this rehearsal and I'm glad that if its going to happen and highlight anything id rather it be now than on transmission week. I will ensure that I stay calm and believe that I can direct this show to my full potential.

No comments:

Post a Comment