Friday 27 April 2018

Transitions Unit - Final Casting Decision

Since the change of the idea that meant we didn't need the character that we had originally advertised for on mandy.com. This meant I needed to have a think about who I wanted to play this new character. Having seen who had applied for the previous role and looking at the showreels, I thought that a woman called Claudia had strong potential. She had a really strong showreel and stood out amongst all of the other people. She also had a lot of experience and had the right look in terms of age and what I imagined the character to look like. I contacted her asking if she would be interested in the new project we were thinking of and explained what it would be. She agreed that she would love to play the new character and after checking the amended shooting dates and discussing with the team, I offered her the position of the role.

Following this, I gave her a phone call explaining exactly what I needed from her and to familiarise ourselves with each other. Immediately it broke the ice of speaking to each other before the shoot day itself and made the whole thing a lot more professional.





No comments:

Post a Comment