Friday 13 April 2018

Transitions Unit - Casting

Since the project has been green lighted, I then got straight on to the website mandy which I have used in the past to source actors for projects. I entered the Location of where we were planning to film, the salary which would be food and expenses, the dates we were looking to film and a brief overview of the project we are looking to produce. You can see this below:




I then created character profiles of what we were looking for so that the actors would be able to apply for each role. Since I decided that the gender roles would be switched, I ensured that each character profile would be described to how I visualised it being reversed so that I can get the right kind of applicants to apply. 


After approval this went out live and people I started to get people applying for each role. I sat down and looked at each applicant individually. As there is a lot of characters for each role, I wanted to ensure I was looking at each show reel and that they would fit with how I wanted the production to look filtering them into yes, no and maybe. I also took into consideration their location due to expenses. You can see a couple of examples below: 








I will continue this process until I have enough for Skype interviews and then finally pick the cast.

No comments:

Post a Comment