Sunday 21 October 2018

Pre Production Unit - Shoot Week Schedule

Myself and Andreya had a talk about when would be the best time to film our shoot. We sat and discussed all of our avaliable dates when I was doing the scheduling for the production as a whole. We both felt that the best dates to film were from the 18th February 2019 to the 22nd of February 2019. We chose this because we felt this was the most appropriate time for numerous reasons. We felt that this week gave us enough time before hand to get some extra things ready to ensure the shoot week went well like meetings with the crew and making sure locations would be all secure. It also allows us some contingency time incase some things fell through over the christmas break and we had a few weeks to get things back on track. We also looked at the course time tables for each year and realised that all years were on study week at that time not just us so if we needed crew from those years we are more likely to get who we would like as they may be able to free up some time for us rather than be in a lecture or a workshop. Once we knew we was going to shoot then and I had put it into my own production schedule, I decided that I wanted to create a schedule for the actual shoot week as a break down. I know that in addition to this all the call sheets will have a personalised schedule for each day but it was important to see where are time would fit over the week as a whole and would allow me to see if we needed longer or shorter than I had planned. You can see the schedule I created below:


As you can see there are times down the left hand side and the dates going across the top. From here I then put the days and the shoot day locations in at the times I have planned for each day. I then made sure I allowed for hair and make up at the start of each day and travel time as well. There is a mid shoot meeting aswell in the middle of the week to make sure we are all on track. I then colour coded it so its easier to read and I can see clearly where each day is. I feel this schedule is really visual and lets me see exactly the length of time needed for each day. I will be using this to ensure I plan efficently.

No comments:

Post a Comment