Saturday 27 October 2018

Pre Production Unit - Locations: House

Over the last couple of weeks, I have been doing some research into locations. This is a vital part of the process and looking at this now would get the ball rolling as they can take some time to confirm. When looking at my visuals I have done for the poem, I decided to look through some image ideas for the types of places I would need. The first one was the house where Sophie lives. I first of all as a director wanted something like this:



Very quickly, I switched over to my producer brain that said this was going to be near impossible to get on such a tight budget. I decided to think more logically and question how I could show wealth without trying to film in a stately home. My next thought was to look more into modern and contemporary houses. After researching online I found a few images that really inspired me such as the ones below:



I decided that this would be a great route to explore that was a little bit more practical than grand stately homes. I spoke with Andreya who is the D.O.P. and showed her the type of style I was thinking about. She agreed it would be much more visual and pleasing to look at. I next went onto the kent film office website as I knew this had some great locations that were avaliable to contact for filming. Andreya also did this as she was looking in terms of visual style. On the website you had to make an account and then you could search their database from a long list of categories that they had.



After looking through this and searching the local area, We found a variety of places that I felt would work with the production. 3 of these were the modern ones that we had discussed along with one that was a little bit older but I felt would also work well. I decided to put these into location packages as this would be a nice way to look through them in more detail when it came to contacting and working out which places would work well in terms of scenes. You can view these below: 

Location One -  LW Flat Roof Mode







Location Two - Capel Manor Pavilion 






Location Three - Cherry Tree Cottage 






Location Four - Ashfired Park







As you can see the packages contained the name at the top followed by images of the house exterior and interior. I then followed it by the area that it was based in and a short description of the property. We both decided that we could see all the scenes working in each of the houses so I decided to contact Kent Film Office by email. I told them what our project was, the locations that we would like to film in and how much we were looking to pay. They replied saying they would contact the owners and get back to us. I am still waiting for a reply on this. 




No comments:

Post a Comment