Thursday 25 October 2018

Pre Production Unit - Adapting A Written Poem

After writing a poem I want this eventually to take the form of a fully formatted drama style script. The first thing I did was read it over and over again in my head. As I was doing this it allowed me to picture the character well and all of the visuals that I could imagine with it. I started to be able to take the character on a journey as the poem went along. Once I had come up with the visuals I would then key in rough headings to where I felt it would go at different stages of the poem. You can see this below:



Once this was done I was really starting to see a story appear through the poem. I decided to break it down even further by creating a table. It contained three columns, one for shots, one for visuals and one for audio. I wanted break it down as much as I could with the idea to get it really clear in my head. You can see this below: 





















From here I will start to develop this table using it as a guide when writing it into a drama style script.  I will make sure the final script is properly formated but having this as a reference will keep me on track to ensure I know where I am going when writing it. Also when I was laying out these visuals from the initial poem and picturing the character I gave her the name Sophie and decided to type this in. I feel like its a good strong name that would fit with the character and this is the name I gave her and its stuck. I am thinking about calling the film Sophie as I want it to be all about her. I feel a film with a name as the title is strong and intriguing so this is what I am going with for this project. 


No comments:

Post a Comment