Monday 15 October 2018

Pre Production Unit - Changing The Idea

After some hard deliberation, myself and Andreya have decided that we are going to be changing our idea. Although we would have lost a lot of time at this point and are going to be starting from the beginning, we both felt it was important for many factors.

Ravel was becoming very tiresome, I was struggling with writing the script and to try and get a narrative that flowed right. I also found it difficult to come up with an ending that I was happy with as they all felt either cliché or quite cheesy. I also felt that the project required a lot of locations that were going to be very expensive and we would not be able to afford them. I tried writing it so that we wouldn't need all the locations we had but this was taking away from the story and was not making sense without them. Having all of these problems our main issue was that we were both losing interests in the project as a whole. I wasn't feeling inspired by the idea and didn't feel I would be able to do it justice anymore from the way I felt about it when I first came up with the idea. After considering all of these points this is why we felt although its a risk, its important that we are 100% behind a project and are passionate about everything that goes into it. This is why I made the decision that we needed something fresh and new that we would be able to pour all of our energy into and enjoy the process. 

We went back to the drawing board and decided to think about some new ideas. I suggested about working for a real-life client and produce a video that showcases something for them. This was a good thought at first but with time constraints it would mean finding someone who would be willing to be involved before any pre-production planning could even be started. We had another think and had another look at some of the work we had done in the past. We came across Trespass which is a film I did for the Fiction Adaptation Unit last year. This was my highest graded piece of work and the one I am most proud of in terms of what I managed to achieve. I thought, what if I could do something that has a similar feel and tone, but bigger and better after doing more research and a thorough pre-production plan? This is where our new idea started. We brainstormed and I felt it would be great to write an original poem that I could adapt to visuals and an onscreen story. This is what I am going to set out to do embedding a deep message that would eventually relay to screen for the final product. It's different, less conventional and breathes more excitement to me that I feel we need, to ensure I perform to the best of my abilities.

No comments:

Post a Comment