Sunday 3 February 2019

Major Project Production Unit - Final Casting: Karen Bartholomew

Unfortunatly, the woman who I had originally casted to play the role of Lorna had dropped out of the shot explaining that she had a paid role that came up and could no longer commit to the project. This was fustrating for me as we are scheduled to film in a couple of weeks so it did not leave me much time to find someone else for the role. I went back onto the casting website Mandy and had a look at others who I had short listed to play the role from when I put the original advert up. I had a look at someone called Karen Bartholomew who had show a lot of interest in playing Lorna and decided to send her an email. Although time was up against me I still wanted to make sure she was suitable so I asked to see if she had any previous work that I could look at. She replied with a link for her showreel that I could have a look at and expressed how she felt she could play the character well and was avaliable for the dates planned. I then wanted to find out more about her so I arranged a skype call with her to which she agreed.











I carried out a skype interview with Karen asking her questions about her previous work and why she was interested in working on our project. She also told me she has a lot of background in production and runs her own company where she rights plays and acts the characters she written. This to me showed she has a lot of knowledge of acting and also knows how to take a character from a script and then act them well. Prior to the Skype call I sent her a section from my script to which she read for me. She read the character well and I gave her a few pointers and changes and she re read it which worked really well. I decided that she would be great to cast for the film and I kept in touch via email sending scripts and about the filming days.







The final Cast is as follows:

Claudia Trentino - Sophie



Karen Bartholomew - Lorna



Fiona Roberts - Sophie's former self

No comments:

Post a Comment