Monday 18 February 2019

Major Project Production Unit: Researching An Extra Location

We are filming a few of the house scenes at Bradbourne House which is great and really adds to the films look that I am going for, although there are a few issues. The house has great luxurious state rooms but none of them have furniture in them making scenes set in a living room, dinning room, bedroom and living room impossible to convey. I came to the decision to still film at Bradbourne House but find another location that has all of these rooms and blend the two locations together.

My first challenge was researching places that had the same sense of style which was really important. Although I still want these rooms to be luxurious and elegant, they had to match with Bradbourne House otherwise when it comes to the edit, it will be obvious that she is somewhere else and wouldn't make any sense as its meant to be set all in one house. I began searching for houses that were available to film at online and sent emails to the agents representing them explaining our situation. Most of them got back to me within a day expression it would cost at least £1500 a day to film there. This was way out of our price range and we could not afford this. I continued to email stately homes, Eltham Palace from English Heritage and other filming houses hoping someone would be able to give me the break I needed. You can see a couple of the locations below:

Eltham Palace:





Hempstead House:



I did unfortunately get rejections from most places which you can see a couple below: 





After some more rejections I finally got a phone call from a woman who owned a property called Stonewall Park. This location is primarily used for films at the usual rate of £2500 a day to film. I spoke to her about what we were trying to achieve and why we would need something like her house to create the film. After speaking for a while and expressing the nice email she received, she said she would give us the opportunity to film at her property at no charge on the basis we met and she could speak to us face to face. I agreed and scheduled in a date to have a look around the property. I am really excited to go and view the location and I am pleased that all the hard work I put into finding a property seems to be paying off. You can view the email she sent me after the phone call below:



You can also see images of the property below:






No comments:

Post a Comment