Monday 25 February 2019

Major Project Production Unit - Location Recce: Stonewall Park

After having a conversation with Catherine on the phone a few weeks ago, I scheduled for myself and Andreya to go and have a look at Stonewall Park to make sure it was exactly what I wanted and to make sure it would work in terms of matching Bradbourne House. We drove to the location which was around 40 minutes away and I let her know we was on our way. When we got there I was greeted by her and she gave us a tour of the house. We first went into the dining room which I felt would be perfect for the film. It was elegant and was bright with bold colours with was very similar to Bradbourne. It works perfectly for the scene in the script where she is sitting at the dinning table but also works consistantly overall with the film. The only concern I have about this room is the amount of mirrors that there are but I am sure I can work around this being aware and concious of our positioning.

Dining Room:




We then moved through a corridor which I had not considered for the film but I feel it could really add to it. It had wooden floors, Stone pillars and pastle blue walls which I feel conveys a real sense of wealth. I feel this could be shown at the start of the coridoor scenes where Sophie walks to kill Lorna. Also the amount of light coming in with contrast to the room just ahead really looked great in contrast with eachother so I can really envision a dramatic fluid shot here either on a gimble or a track.

Hallway Coridoor:



We them moved into the drawing room. This area is bright yellow with sofas, bookcases and huge bay windows. I loved the boldness of the room and could really see great use of cut aways for this room as well as a shot of Sophie drinking wine by the window. This room had great light and really stiched together well with the other rooms.

Drawing Room:



After this we moved upstairs. As we were walking towards the bathroom and bedroom I could tell that this location was going to be great for the coridoor scenes where Sophie walks to kill Lorna. The house went up 3 sets of stairs so I feel I could really make it look like a long tense journey that the character goes on towards that dramatic scene.

Stairs:




Unfortunatly we were not aloud to shoot in the main bathroom that I had seen online as there was trouble with a previous crew but we were offered an alternative bathroom that could work. Its a little bit plain so it will need a bit of set dressing but overall I feel it would work. 

Bathroom: 



We finally was shown the bedroom. This room was not what I had expected at all. It was again quite plain with not much decor. I am not overly keen on how it goes with the asthetic of the film but I am sure I will be able to make it work with more set dressing. 

Bedroom: 


Overall I feel really positive about this location. Where Bradbourne House gives me large state rooms and big chandelias, Stonewall really manages to keep the asethetic with the bold bright colours and large elegant rooms but allows us to shoot scenes that make the house look like its been lived in. Both locations really compliment eachother and I feel they both fit the script, and tone of the film well.

No comments:

Post a Comment