Sunday 18 November 2018

Pre Production Unit - The Script 1st Draft

Writing the script was a very difficult process for me. Although I have done some research on how to format it and some writers, I always have found the task a challenge getting whats going through my head into words and onto paper. I can lay it out like a script, I can write a story, but it never really materialises the way I want it to. In my head I've got such exciting visions and I can see the whole film from start to finish, but when I put it in a script it almost seems dulled down and doesnt read in the way I want it to. In order to try and over come this I decided really early on that I have a better chance If I can get a clear structure layed out and have the visuals all wrote up on paper before hand which you can see I have done in previous posts. This really helped me to break everything down and understand where I was going when I was writing. Another struggle I had was that this was not a straight forward story and trying to work out how to write this down was becoming a bit of a battle but with my visuals I was able to make a start. Once I started writting I pictured the first scene in my head and I could clearly see it. Through previous research, describing the scene is important so the reader can try to understand your vision. I started describing the scene and eventually the story flowed. I could imagine the character and what was happening. Since I had chosen not to do a lot of dialogue as I wanted this to be all about what was seen, I realised I had to be really descriptive in order to move the story forward. I included the voice over of the poem in all the relevant sections but continued to describe what was happening to make sure the story was continuing to flow. There is a shock kill scene that breaks the story up and keeps it interesting about two thirds of the way through as I wanted to lead the audience into a false sense of security. Overall Im happy with what Ive done and will amend it with Simons feedback. You can see the script below:









No comments:

Post a Comment