Wednesday 14 November 2018

Pre Production Unit - Mid Point Presentation

Yesterday we had a midpoint presentation. Since we have changed our idea from the green light pitch, we had to present an entirely new presentation. This included all of the work that we have done on the new idea right up until this point. You can see the presentation myself and Andreya made below:

















As you can see we have a similar format to the last presentation but its all been redesigned to fit with the branding and theme we are going for with the new project. We went for a black background with yellow/ gold headings and white text. This is very much how the book is going to look. We also feel it has a classy look with 3 colours to keep it simplistic and not overbearing with colour as well as the goldish text against the black. I started talking to the group telling them that we had a completely new concept. I explained what the idea was and what the story entails. Andreya then talked about the branding work she had done before moving onto the scripting. I spoke about the script that is currently in development and how I was moving forward with the story and what I was writing about. I then talked about shot lists and schedules explaining where I was in development with that. I then moved onto locations explaining that we have some in mind and that some are confirmed and some are still in progress. There is a few images on the presentation and we talked about them in detail of how they are related to the production. I then talked about the crew and that we are still looking for people but that will come together soon. Although I am nearly finished with casting there is still a little bit of work to do so I made sure I touched on this. We finished the side showing the next steps that we are hoping to take forward as we want to show the class where we are at.

Overall we got some great feedback. Although we seem to be a little behind everyone else as we have started from scratch, people explained that they felt we had made great progress considering and are still on track to completing all of the work on time. Simon liked the new idea and also felt we had made good progress but I just need to make sure we are continuing to progress forwards to get the work done. We were told we presented really well and confident as well as being clear and easy to understand. I am very pleased with how the presentation went and will continue to push forwards in this pre-production unit.

No comments:

Post a Comment