Wednesday 7 November 2018

Pre Production Unit - Costume Sourcing

Since I have now found the kind of looks I want to go for I felt it was important to research this and have a look at sourcing some of them so I could get an idea of how close I could get to buying the complete looks and how much it was going to cost. I decided to look online at websites like Shein, H&M, Boohoo, Prettylittlething and Asos. Going through each look, I then created a costume breakdown package that involved a picture of the item of clothing, where the item was from and how much it was. You can see an example of the first two looks below:









I felt like this was really important as I now know that I am able to source the looks that will be right for the production. Some of them I have had to compromise like the silky dress as it was impossible to find but I did find a good alternative. Also the ball gown was really difficult to find but I also found something that was just as glamorous just a slightly different style. This costume breakdown also allows me to see the cost of things aswell looking at how much its going to cost. The fur jacket was obviously the most expensive but I will make sure I go shopping on the high street for that or alternatively ask a friend that would be able to lend us something similar. Overall Im very happy with how costume has turned out and I will start buying when I am able to. 

No comments:

Post a Comment