Thursday 22 March 2018

Transitions Unit - Feedback From Initial Ideas

Today I had my first tutorial with Simon and I presented to him the ideas we had been thinking about. I talked about the music video and he agreed it would be a good project but it needs to be elevated from a directors point of view that can be different to the one already their. He likes the story and the editing style but looking back at the brief it needs to be original from my part rather than the form it stands as.

I have been thinking about how I can make it different and I've had some ideas about different shots I can use being more quirky and sharp whilst retaining the smooth cinematic style the video holds. I also felt in terms of narrative, I could change this around too by inverting the characters genders. Rather than the video as it stands with the female being hunted by males, I could switch this to women hunting a man to give it more of an edge and a mystery to what was originally there. I will develop these ideas ready for when we pitch.

The Music video can be viewed here:




Simon also noted that it would be handy from a directors perspective to work with an editor. George Nicholls was looking to edit for a group and me and Drey felt it would be good to have someone else on board so I could get the experience of working with someone who edits the footage together. We decided to incorporate George to the group and get him up to speed with the project we have been planning.




No comments:

Post a Comment