Monday 12 March 2018

As Live Production - Script First Draft

The producers had produced a script with all the dialogue on the right hand side of the page and had sent it over to me. Since I am directing the first half of the show, its my job to put all the blocking and camera shots onto the left hand side of the script alongside the dialogue so we can see how the vision marries up with whats being said. I used my knowledge of a previous workshop into how this script should be written from my side. You can view a few example pages below showing the script as it was sent to me and after I finished it:

Before:





After:






I had gotten rid of the boxes and firstly typed the shot number on the right. This was then followed by the camera number I wished to be shooting on as well as what type of shot it is for example m.s. (Mid Shot), w.s. (Wide Shot). I then decided to display where the presenters were when it came to framing for example Alfie L.O.F ( Left Of Frame), R.O.F. (Right Of Frame), C.O.F. (Centre Of Frame). 

When there was a graphic on screen I used GFX to show that an image would be there and gave a brief description below it. I also included camera movements on here as well so that everyone would know when to move and where to also referring to the camera plan. I spent a long time on this first draft and I'm very pleased with the structure of it and my ability to apply technical language to make the script look as professional as it can possibly be. 








No comments:

Post a Comment