Tuesday 6 March 2018

As Live Production Unit - Del's Workshop 3


In this workshop I was present for most of it but I had to leave a certain points as we had a casting audition scheduled in the afternoon to hire 2 presenters for the show. The purpose of this workshop was to see eachothers roles as we all swapped around. We began by staging an interview with some people on camera, some people being the talent, a person vision mixing, someone directing and someone being the P.A. We kept rotating until we all had a go at every job so we could apreciate each job roll that people have got to perform when it comes to transmission.
I started off on camera and had my talk back on so I could hear the gallery. This became quite confusing at first as I was watching what was going on infront of me, whilst looking at my camera framing and listening to the gallery for the directors commands and the P.A's count downs. Although I got use to this after a while I can see how added stress of doing this live could become quite difficult.

I next moved on being the vision mixer. Although I have had a little go of this before, it was nice to see what it would be like to go back to it. I was listening to the director at all times and standing by on the lower buttons following with cutting on the buttons above. Although I got more to grips with it this time, I can still apprciate how difficult this job is and can get quite confusing at times where I would make an error.

I finally finished doing the P.As job counting down the timings. This is something I found quite difficult as you have to make sure you are on time with everything and know how long it is to each section. If a section goes under or over, you have to add or take away time onto another section to make sure it runs on time. This to me was quite challenging as you have to make desicions very quickly.

Over all, although I was not present through all of it, I felt I learnt a lot from this workshop understanding what is expected of everyone throughout the whole show and although my job is stressful, everyone else has their pressured responsibilities also.

No comments:

Post a Comment