Thursday 23 November 2017

Fiction Adaptation Unit - Experimental Video (Workshop)

I have created a short experiemental video in regards to a brief that was set out. We were told to pick from fear, dispair, joy or hope and create the short film with our chosen Haiku in mind to see what we can do. I chose to do fear with overlaps of dispair as well as relating to my chosen sonnet. The film can be seen below:



Since I felt my sonnet adaptation was going to be quite dark, I wanted the tone to be quite moody as my final film is going to feature a strong empowered woman who is infact overshadowed and frowned upon within society. This is why although its me, you can sense a feeling of power and strongness as well as a dark underlay. I scored the film with some creepy and tense music to make it seem dark as well as used a different editing techniques that would elborate the tone I was aiming towards.

In regards to color grading, I wanted the film to have a striking effect when watching it. I graded all the footage into black and white apart from the scenes where we used red gels as I felt this contrasted nicely with the other footage. I also used effects to speed up and slow down to make it more dramatic.


2 comments: