Thursday 30 November 2017

Fiction Adaptation Unit - Communicating and Liaising

For this short film I will need to communicate and liaise with people in order for the project to pull together when filming. This is important as It ranges from casting to land owners and property owners.

I started off with casting which I have mentioned in more detail in another blog post. I made sure that I was in contact with the main applicants that had applied to be part of the project and in particular the main female that I have chosen to be in the film. Due to the nature of the shoot I wanted to make sure she was comfortable with what was expected and what she would need to be doing.




This is very Important to communicate this way so that there will be no surprises or issues on shoot.

I needed to get permissions as I wanted to shoot in Soho London and in a Gentleman's club to get the ideal scenes. I first contacted Red Route Filming who deal with all of filming in London as part of TFL. Unfortunately they did not deal with Soho as it wasn't their direct area so I was then redirected to The City of Westminster borough's email to contact them further.




I then contacted the email for the City of Westminster sending them a similar email to the one I sent before. I made sure it included what we was intending to shoot and where as well as the times and dates. They approved the filming and were happy for us to shoot as we were a small crew and were not putting anything on the floor such as a tripod.

For the Gentleman's Club I wanted it to be local to where I am based so it can cut down on production costs and would be easier for us all to get there. I contacted the managers email telling him what we would be doing as well as when we would be ideally looking to shoot.




No comments:

Post a Comment