Friday 27 January 2017

Directions Unit - Locations

I will need 3 locations for my film and these include a house, an orchard and a hospital waiting room.

For the house I originally envisioned my dads house which is a large converted barn which would fit well with the characters lives it has great space which enables me to film some good camera work and reflects the background of wealth but unfortunately this is not possible anymore so rethinking I will use a house in Bearsted of another family member which gives me great scenery and will create a modern and realistic feel to the film. It also reflects a nice family home with wealth to emulate their success with money.





The hospital waiting room is going to be much more difficult since I can not film in an actual hospital so I have decided it will be filmed in one of the lecture rooms at The Maidstone Studios. Using props and rearranging furniture I should be able to show this scene is located in a hospital.

For the outdoor scene I have found a field near by which would work perfectly with what I am looking to do. I am in current contact with the owner but I'm still waiting for it to be approved.



I have thought very carefully before choosing these locations. I want the film to look genuine and for the audience to see that I have thought about the decisions I have taken in the terms of story and style. I also wanted the locations to be within reasonable distance of each other to make travel easier and to fit in with the time as I have three days to film. All my locations are located in Maidstone and have a driving distance of approximately 10 minutes apart.


Red pin - Maidstone studios
Green pin - House and Field

(6 min Driving Distance)

No comments:

Post a Comment