Friday 20 January 2017

Directions Unit - Adapting and finalising a script


I have chosen the scenes I am going to re do for my film and the next stage was creating the script to how I envisioned it. I used a website called Celtx which is primarily used to write scripts in a professional format so that I could end up with a great product.

As I was writing the script, although I am doing this film in my own way, the content is very similar to the original scenes. The dialogue is virtually the same with a few tweaks and the visual actions are very similar but I wanted it to be like this so I could keep the story and essence of what was already created whilst filming it in a unique way to show my take on how I can adapt it.  


When writing the script, although similar to the original, I was envisioning it in my head of how I would do the shots and how I will film the actors in their new settings to create my version of the scenes which will show a great modern and more realistic view to what has already been created. 

I finally finished the script and sent it to Simon who looked over it and made sure that this was going to work filming wise and as a final piece. After a few days the script has been green lighted and I am therefore able to move forward with the process of the project. 




No comments:

Post a Comment