Monday 3 October 2016

Storytelling Unit - Editing Skills

Today I got familiar with a new piece of software that I had never used before called Adobe Premiere Pro. When given some video clips and audio we were asked to edit them together. With no knowledge of the program I managed to place clips in the timeline as well as unlink and delete the audio, overlay a title,, use the razor tool, transition fade in and out from black and change the volume in a clip. I found this session very useful as I have never used this before and now I feel more confident using it with my short film trailer. 


This below is the short film i edited together with the clips that were provided for me.






At the start I added audio that would run throughout the short film. I then began fading in from black with the two train clips to insinuate the protagonist traveling. There was a train announcement audio clip that was separate but I felt it would add to the awareness of the surroundings I was showing. I added the audio underneath but It was very quiet and could not be heard. I managed to go through the menu and increased the decibel volume so that it became more present. I followed this with the protagonist walking into the library. This was done purposely to allow the audience to make the connection that he had traveled by train and was arriving on his own. As this is shown I overlaid a voice over of him speaking that with several splits to allow appropriate timing, would run throughout the film. I then gathered lots of different clips of him reading and looking at books that allowed the voiceover to flow with visuals. At the end I finished on the same train clip as I began to suggest he was traveling back home with a title overlay of the project fading in. I then faded the whole thing out to black to give the piece a nicely executed finish. 



No comments:

Post a Comment