Saturday 22 October 2016

Storytelling Unit - Soft Trailer

After learning about trailers I created my own for the short film called SOFT. I used lots of different footage from the film and added audio to give the film more atmosphere and to build tension.





It shows narrative of what the film is about but it doesn't give too much away hinting at the problem with the aggressive youth gang but not disclosing how it is dealt with or if it is even dealt with at all.

I wanted to start with the Sundance Festival overlay as this would entice viewers knowing it was recognised by a film board and has won awards. I then show clips that set up the narrative of a boy being bullied by the youth gang and showing the aggression of their nature. Once this was viewed I wanted to edit together sequences of the father encountering an attack by them. This builds up the tension and lets the audience question what is going to happen as it seems they are not afraid who they target. I finish on a scene where the farther and son are peering out the window and the gang is looking at them from outside hinting at a possible showdown or a large climax for what is going to happen. This leaves it on a cliffhanger and builds suspense. I then finish with the title at the film at the end.


1 comment: