Thursday 6 October 2016

Storytelling unit - Camera Workshop (The Chair)

I retained a lot of knowledge from this workshop. When looking at how stories are made on film the most important thing is to make it exciting for a viewer. It's not essentially what is being told, but how it's being told. Giving a variety of different shots and angles we are able to give a diversity to the viewer and make the story more compelling. When there is tension and drama it can be escalated by the quick pace and change from shot to shot.

Today we focused on getting enough content to give us more variety when it comes to editing the project together. The assignment didn't have a particular story but it had to be about someone walking up to and sitting on a chair. From that I used the camera to shoot a variety of different shots and angles to tell this in a more varied and exciting way than just filming someone walking up to a chair and sitting on it.


I also made sure I took forward the skills I had learnt from the previous camera workshop like setting the white balance to its correct colour temperature every time the lighting changed and using the focus wheel to get a sharp and clear image. I also thought about the framing of the subject whether that was the person, the chair, the door handle etc. I was using a different camera in the workshop to what I was using in the previous one so that took a bit of time to learn where everything was and there were no available tri-pods so some shots were a little bit shaky as everything was done handheld but I believe with the use of the editing software this can all be resolved into a good end product. 

1 comment: