Tuesday 11 October 2016

Storytelling Unit - Editing (The Chair)


This is my edit of The Chair. I have learnt that you can create a story and emotion through a simple act of a girl walking to a chair, sitting down and then walking off again. The first edit shows the simplicity of the act. 

This is the second edit below where I used more clips, music and overlays to create an emotional and sad piece showing a girl who is lonely and all by herself when everyone around her is working together. By using more footage and adding the music I was able to create a narrative out of the simple act.


I realise that even the most boring and simple scenes can be created and add to great story telling when there is a variety of footage and the use of editing. This can relate to my own project as rather than just showing someone walking up to something and sitting down I can think about the small details that add to the story.  

When I received all the clips together I noticed that I had several problems. I had not set the white balance properly on a few and some of them were a bit out of focus. I used the colour correcting tools and adjusted the RGB to try and get the hue right. I will make sure that when I'm on a shoot that everything is how it should be before I record. 

1 comment:

  1. this is great work George! Really good to see you trying out different cuts and seeing the difference. That's the best to learn. A little tip - when you have things like a closing door - you can use these as nice snap edit points - i.e. cut on the moment the door clicks... just helps create rhythm. This is a great journal entry, well done!

    ReplyDelete