Monday 17 October 2016

Storytelling Unit - Final Draft

In this session we first talked about keeping your moment. It may sound boring and you may go off it as you keep revisiting it but thats only because you have heard it several times. Its all about first reactions, remembering those from when you first thought of it and then keeping it.

We then moved onto talking about using the software for script writing called Final Draft. We looked at the basic layout of it as well as using its features like adding an instruction and dialogue using the appropriate ways the software follows. When looking at a sample of a script I was able to apply action, character and scene headings appropriately to get an industry standard layout.  Creating reports was a very useful task that I learned about. If I needed to know how many locations I have and how often they are used I can look at this easily buy creating a report on this. I also can see how many times each character speaks as if one has a lot more dialogue than the other this could be an issue that I will need to look at.




No comments:

Post a Comment