Tuesday 25 September 2018

Pre Production Unit - Casting Ideas

Once the story had been complete I decided to focus on how the characters would look and what type of people I would like to play the parts. I had an image in my head of what they looked like and decided that I wanted to match images as close to them on paper. That was I could visulize them clearer and get across to others what I was imagining. These are the images I found:


Sam - Main Protagonist


Sams Dad


Dance Teacher


Lara - Sams love interest.

These images are all a rough representation of what I am imagining the characters to look like. From here I then decided to put an advert out on a casting website called Mandy.com. I explained the synopsis of the film and then made profiles for each character that I needed applicants for. Once I had done this I was then able to submit my application and the advert went live for people to apply. Within a couple of days we have had several applicants for each part and I will look into each of these looking at their showreels to see who has the best potential to play each character.

I wanted to make sure I was considering more options for people to play the role. I made another advert on the website Starnow.com but specifically in the dancer category. I felt that because I was looking for 2 people that had dance experience it would be wise to post in that specific area and to see my response. 






I will continue to carry on with the casting and see what responses I get and to find the right people for the roles I want them to play. 

No comments:

Post a Comment