Sunday 23 September 2018

Pre Production Unit - Location Ideas

Now I have a good idea of how the story is developing. I feel it would be a good idea to look into location ideas and to get the ball rolling with this as soon as possible. The four main places that we would need for this is a dance studio, a theatre, a train and a house. I had a look at some images online and these were the 4 I found that had the look I wanted to work off of.

 Dance Studio

 Train

 Theatre

House

I first decided to look into dance studios to see what I could find. I found a website called Local Room Hire that was dedicated to renting dance studios in the kent area. There was one I found avaliable at Canterbury College. I gave them a ring and told them around the time we would be filming as well as the amount of people involved. They gave me a quote of £20 an house and considering this is where most scenes would take place, for 12 hours of filming would cost us £240 which we felt was really expensive. I also looked at one on a website called school hire which had a studio in maidstone. They also quoted at £20 an hour which is still pricy and more than we are willing to spend. I will continue to look for dance studios to see if there are any others that would be cheaper.




I then decided to look into theatres. This was an even harder challenge with once again more costs. The first one I looked into was called The Orchard Theatre in Dartford. The theater was beautiful and perfect for what I had envisioned the scene to look like. There was no price on the website so I decided to give them a call to explain what we wanted to do and how much it would cost. They quoted at £35 an hour which again is really expensive for the amount of time we wish to film there. 


I then found a theatre in Deal that was avaliable to hire. After ringing the company they quoated £400 for the day which again was too expensive. I will continue to keep looking but I feel they will all be very expensive to hire and I may have to rethink this. 


I also realised that I would also have to budget for a technition that would come in and operate the stage lighting. This is also another expense that would add onto the location and would prove even more costly that the original price quoated.

I am continuing to look at locations and see what I can do in order to find places that are reasonable for the budget we are intending.


No comments:

Post a Comment