Wednesday 2 May 2018

Transitions Unit - Testing Ideas

Since we had visited the location already and I have a shot list in place, I wanted to get the equipment we had booked out and test out the visions I was having for the scenes to make sure that they worked practically. We all went to the location and started off in the first scene. This was the most important to me as I knew technically it would be quite difficult. I set up the track and Drey set the camera up to the settings we needed. I then experimented asking George N to step in as the actor and directed Drey by going through the motions of the more complicated shots. She was also to move the lighting around and light the scene to how we needed it.




Overall I loved how the footage was looking and felt the track and lighting really added to what I was trying to achieve. 


George Nicholls had made a graphic to use as the scene involves the woman walking around her house and finding her televisions on with a strange symbol on it. After he uploaded it to YouTube I was able to test these out making sure they worked on the TV's we were using. 


For the outside scenes I wanted some of them shot on a drone. George Nicholls said it wouldn't be a problem to use his and brought it over so we could test out its capturing capabilities to see if it would look right for the shoot. We tested it in my garden to see how it would look and this is the footage: 








I love how smooth the footage looks as it was tested on a really windy day and the picture quality was great. I think the aerial views could really add to the project and take it a step further as the drone is capable of shooting in HD at 60fps so this could add a nice, high end and smooth shot from above.  

Overall Im glad we tested all of these things as it puts me in an even better position for when it comes to the shoot. I feel I am in a really good position to direct this shoot and get the best I can out of it. 



No comments:

Post a Comment