Wednesday 9 May 2018

Transitions Unit - Shoot Day Two

The start of shoot day two was organised very similar to shoot day one however there was an accident on the motorway in the morning and there was a terrible amount of traffic. This meant that the shoot was delayed an hour from when we was meant to start shooting. When everyone got to the location everything was set up straight away and we went straight into filming scene four.

All the scenes today are external and we had really good weather. Although its a bit bright and sunny I decided that this would have to be dulled down in post. We started off in the back garden and got several static shots of the character coming out of the door. I was referring to my shot list to make sure we were getting every shot we needed including close ups and mid shots. We then moved to the patio and used the track to get a slow moving shot of the actress walking. I wanted to use the track over both the shoot days to keep the film looking consistent.


Once the back garden shots were done we then moved to the front of the house. Our first shot was using the drone. This proved very tricky as it was difficult to get the movements of the drone smooth and steady but once we mastered it after a couple of takes the footage looked really good. This shot I believe creates a really nice change and makes the production look a lot more expensive and well made. 

We had lunch and then set up to do the chase scenes. The gun was locked away in a case and had been under supervision as the permit stated. We also put signs up on the road to let people know we were filming the crew put their Hi-Vis jackets on. Unfortunately an actor I had lined up for this role dropped out so I had no choice but to step in. It was a short scene and I was running back and forth between each shot to make sure I was still happy with the framing and the footage we were getting. 







Once this scene was over we then moved onto the close ups. I needed people at windows who would stare out of them and record the character as she pleads for them to tell her whats going on. I made sure the windows were extreme close ups so we could cut them in seamlessly and we used the next door neighbours house as well so it would show it wasn't her house. 

We finally did the scene where all the extras were standing along the lane. She is running and no one is helping her they just film. We used a drone for this and at first it had real trouble adapting to the space around itself not flighting the way we wanted it to. Eventually we were able to get the shot and I'm very happy with it. Overall Im pleased with how well this day went as well as the one before. This for me has been a successful shoot and I'm pleased with how I directed it. 




No comments:

Post a Comment