Sunday 6 May 2018

Transitions Unit - Contacting and Liaising

In the lead up to both shoot days, I have had to make sure I am contacting people and being very organized to make sure that when it comes to directing the shoot, all protocols will be in place and ready for us to film. Although I understand this is more of a producer/ researcher role, I am taking it under my wing as we do not have a producer in our team and I want to ensure that I can direct the scenes with all relevant permissions.

I have been liaising with Claudia over the course of the project since the new idea. I was at first emailing her on Mandy.com (Casting website) to get her on board with the project. When this was finalized I was then able to discuss future requirements about the project over email and over the phone including dates, times, call sheets and costume. There are a couple of examples below: 







In regards to sorting out permissions, all the neighbours were made aware that we would be filming on both days and although we would be using the lane on the 2nd shoot day, they would have right of access at all times. One of the hardest parts in regards to the shoot was sorting out the permission for using a fake firearm. I first contacted kent police submitting an enquiry about using a fake gun. I explained that it was a replica and would not be loaded or fired during rehearsals, takes or at any point where the gun was in our possession. I wanted a while before getting a response from the kent film office. This detailed that it would be a criminal offense for us to use a fake firearm in public until they had more details from us and until we gained the required permit. I submitted all the relevant paperwork they required and waited for further response.



We were finally granted a permit to use the fake firearm under strict conditions that we will follow on the day of the production shoot. 






No comments:

Post a Comment