Wednesday 10 May 2017

Documentary Unit - Shoot Week (Sky Dive)

This was the most challenging day of shooting from the whole week. As I was the one carrying out the sky dive I wanted to make sure I was mentally prepared for what I was going to experience. We all set our alarms for 4:00am and left the house at 5 for our 3 hour journey to 'The North London Skydiving Company' in Chatteris. As this was going to be a big and important part of the documentary I wanted to make sure the group got a lot of reaction shots of how I was feeling prior to the jump. Once we got to a service station I sat in the back of the car and Jemma filmed me explaining what I was going to be doing and how I felt.


Once we had got to the airfield I then signed in, had my training and got my jumpsuit on. In between all of this I came out and talked to the camera about each thing I had just done so the audience wouldn't be lost and to help build up tension when it comes to editing it all together. As I was waiting, the crew filmed me at different angles showing my nerves and anticipation. They also filmed for cut aways with the plane and the different signs on site.




We then had a cameraman that filmed me going up in the plane and carrying out the skydive. Although this was an extra cost of £150, we decided it would be vital to the documentary to show me carrying out the activity. Once it was finished I went straight to the crew to explain my feelings and how I felt when doing it.


We are waiting for the company to send the footage of the sky dive but I was able to have a quick look before I left to make sure it looked ok.







No comments:

Post a Comment