Friday 5 May 2017

Documentary Unit - Shoot Week (London Tombs)

Today we shot at the London Tombs for our second Item of the documentary. I drove to the o2 arena and then we got the tube to the attraction as we as a group decided before hand that we wanted to get some footage of me on the tube traveling to show the audience we are moving on to a different attraction.



Although Its clear that the audience can see I am heading to London by these shots, I wanted to further enforce London as a city so I asked the group to shoot some G.V.s of the Shard and Tower Bridge. This was done before we got to the attraction as we had got there in plenty of time. We decided to shoot the Shard and Tower Bridge as these were the two main landmarks you could see from where we was standing, which was on London Bridge, Where the actual attraction was housed.



Once we had done these we went to the attraction itself and experienced what it was all about. I wanted to get a clear reaction of how I felt the experience went so we decided that straight after we would set up the DSLR and the clip mic and get a piece to camera of how my fear and adrenaline was throughout the attraction. We framed this tight and close up to show the emotion of how I was feeling as well as blurring out the attraction slightly in the background.


Once we had done this we went into the gift shop where I had set up an Interview with Kirsty Linton, a sales and marketing representative from the attraction. We wanted to do it inside as it gave an overall feel of the attraction being dark and scary and I made sure I incorporated the interview workshop in how to set it up and making sure the eye line was correct. I presented Kirsty with the questions we would be asking her and we paused 10 seconds between each answer allowing Kirsty to gather her thoughts and also to allow us to edit easier. With filming inside it was dark and we did not have any lighting. We decided to set up near a vending machine that gave a good light source so that the footage would be well lit. Once Kirsty had finished we moved the camera around so I could repeat the questions to the camera. 




Once this was done we were able to get some G.V.'s of the attraction from the outside as well as capture a piece to camera of me introducing it. We wanted a variety of content so we shot the introduction at two different angles and filmed the G.V.'s in a different range of shots. 





Overall the shoot went well and I have a lot to work with for when it comes to editing it together. 

No comments:

Post a Comment