Thursday 11 May 2017

Documentary Unit - Communicating and Liaising

As a key skill that I am bringing to the project, I have been given the task to liaise with different people and organisations to pull the documentary together. Once we had a structure and knew who we wanted to get in touch with, I started to send emails and make phone calls to ask for interviews and get permissions. I started with Thorpe Park and found an email address for their Press Office.





I made sure I included who we were, what we were doing and when we wanted to film. I wrote in a professional manner and was polite but I made sure I got my point across.




Once I had done this I received several replies stating that it would be fine to have handheld cameras in the park but the company would need to see what I had shot before publicly posting it anywhere on the internet.








Our next point of interest was to talk to The London Tombs and ask them If it would be ok to film with them. I decided it would be easier to talk to them on the phone as I had a few more questions to ask. They said we could film outside the attraction but would not be allowed to film in the attraction itself due to the secret nature of it. I felt this wasn't good enough to sustain the documentary so I asked if someone would be willing to do an interview for us. They agreed and asked them to email so they could liaise that way. I sent them an email with what we had discussed and set up the interview for after we had experienced the attraction.









Next was talking to The Sky Diving Centre. I rang them on the phone and told them what we were planning to do. They agreed that it was fine as long as we credited them on the video. I was in constant contact with the company due to weather conditions effecting the jump and I also asked them to email me through an insurance certificate for the risk assessment. I received this by them and the risk assessments were signed off.




Over the course of the project I tried phoning and emailing different universities to try and get a psychologist for an interview. Unfortunately hardly any of them replied to me or returned my calls. 





Overall I feel I did well to get to pull together the locations that we got as well as an interview with Jackie.

No comments:

Post a Comment