Wednesday 1 March 2017

Directions Unit - BVE exhibition



I today attended an exhibition at the Excel centre in London which I thought would help me understand what being a director entails. I looked at lots of different stalls from Arri Lighting to high tech black magic cameras.







Although this was interesting and great fun to experience and get hands on with the equipment, the main focus point that I learned a lot from was the talks from industry professionals and directors on how they achieved there work. From directors of feature films to the cast and crew from BBC Planet Earth, It was a real eye opener and inspired me to learn more. The directors talked about the cinematography and how they get their style of work focusing on a single vision that develops and evolves as they plan more into their production. The main thing they said was that no two jobs they did were the same and they are still learning throughout their careers in how they can become better at what they do. 


Over all this was a great event to attend and I feel it has contributed to an understanding of what I have to do in order to achieve the level of success they have had. 


1 comment:

  1. wow - didn't realise you went George. Well done! hope it was good.

    ReplyDelete