Monday 14 November 2016

Story Telling Unit - Shoot Preparation (Shot List, Risk Assessment and Schedule)

As I am going to be shooting the first 2 minutes of my screenplay there are many different things that I need to plan in order to make sure everything is organised and the shoot goes smoothly. The first thing I have done is write out a shot list. This allowed me to look at the script and adapt it into what scenes I wanted to shoot and what coverage I needed to obtain. As I have already visited the locations I was able to visualise in my head the types of shots I wanted to do for example Long shot and close up so that it was relevant to what was required. I will be able to follow this list on shoot so that I won't leave anything out. The shot list can be seen below.






The next thing I did was write out a risk assessment for the 2 locations making sure I was taking into consideration the problems that could occur on set in regards to the health and safety of the cast and crew. When looking at the risk assessment for the Bearsted Woodland Trust park I realised there were several issues to consider. An example would be the fact that its outside and being in a park the terrain may not be even. This would be resolved by making sure all cast and crew are notified and they must wear appropriate footwear on set. This prevents the likelihood of a trip or fall. 




When looking at the risk assessment for the house location there were a few other things to consider. In the event of a fire there, the park would not be as hazardous being in an open place. When inside  building it becomes a lot more dangerous so I had to consider fire exits making sure they were kept clear and to have planned exit routes. There is also furniture and objects that could be a trip hazard so keeping things tidy was important and items were not left in an inappropriate manner. 



Once the risk assessments were signed off by the course leader I was given the go ahead to shoot my film in the locations. My next step was to produce a shooting schedule so the cast and crew know whats happening, when its happening and what is expected time wise throughout the day. I made sure I included the date, location, the crews names, roles and there contact details as well as the equipment that will be needed. As we will be shooting outside I wanted to add a weather section so that when I sent them out to the cast and crew they could prepare appropriately. Underneath this was the time and activity throughout the day to follow and make sure we were on track and got the shoot done on time as we were up against losing day light. 



Overall I think I have planned my shoot very well and believe I have what I need in order for things to go smoothly. 

No comments:

Post a Comment