Sunday 28 April 2019

Major Project Production Unit - Assisting The Edit 4

Now that we have got feedback from both Beth and Simon, we once again worked on trying to get the end scene looking as good as it can be. We both looked at experimenting with it in different ways. We first of all tried to make the scene more fast paced however this didnt really work as the shots didnt really work together and the film did not flow quite right. I then suggested about putting the shot of Sophie at the dressing table in for longer to help transition into the final scene better. This really helped and made the ending seem less rushed as it gave a more gradual build.

I next had a look after the dialogue part. As it stood it felt like the dialogue happened and then she just walked over and went to hit Karen with the iron. I felt there needed to be a transision that felt connected to the film as a whole. I was thinking of a few ways we could do it but the strongest possiblity was to add an extra bit of voice over at the end that signified everything before that scene was her reveling in what she could have but hasnt got. I also felt the voiceover could help disconnect dreaming from reality. I managed to get Claudia back to the voice over recording room to do a few different lines for us. After this we over laid them in the edit and worked out what fitted best. We finally settled on the line "a time never more perfect... to stop dreaming". This line worked really well as it did everything I wanted it to do. It helped make it clear to the audience that now was reality and before was just dreams and hopefulness but it also helped transition into the final scene better.

I then suggested about putting some flashbacks in which Drey put into the edit. This worked well giving a little overview of what we have seen in the film and reinforcing that she was wishing and dreaming. I then had an idea to put in flashes from the part where Sophie was fantasising about Killing Lorna overlayed with the fact that this time she was doing it for real. This I felt worked really well and also connected the film even more. I also changed the music for the ending which helped it flow better and made the scene more exciting to watch being more dramatic and helping it build to its pinnicle point at the end. Overall I feel the edit is a really great as we borth poured so much time and effort into it. We spent a lot of time perfecting it as much as we could and making sure the story was clear and that the twist was understandable. I am very pleased with how the film has turned out and I cant wait to see what the grade looks like on it.

No comments:

Post a Comment