Monday 25 March 2019

Major Project Production Unit: Music Selection Update

After looking at the original pieces I picked for the music in the edit, something was not quite working. Although the music seemed to fit to each individual scene, I felt it could be a lot more consistant all together. I also feel the music is to much and depletes the visuals slightly rather than compliments them. I decided to revisit the music and have a look deeper into what I could do. I thought about hiring a composer to score the film but I feel this would take a lot of time to do. I then had a look into music licensing to see if there were any that I could use rather than using royalty free. Although Royalty Free works, I want something a bit more higher quality that would really take the score to the next level. After researching different music sites like audio jungle and hook sounds, I came across a site called Artlist io.




Artlist io had loads of music that was really great quality and had pieces that were professional and sounded what I felt the project needed. I am specifically looking for a classical, cinematic vibe that coinsides with elegance and beauty and this website was perfect for that. The site was £150 for a years subscription so it meant paying more money into the project but I feel since the music is so important, its worth paying the money to really elevate the film.

I went through a lot of music and downloaded each track that I feel could work for the film. As I listened to them I was envisioning each scene to see if it would fit. When downloaded I would send them over to Drey and she would place them in the edit so I could have a look and see if it works how I would like it to. Some pieces were soft and slow which worked well at the begining of the film and then there were more dramatic pieces that work really well for when the film changes to a more darker scene. Although the tracks were different in terms of tone, the style was very much the same and I feel this is helping the film to be more consistant and flow better than it did with the original pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment