Friday 25 January 2019

Major Project Production Unit - Researching Hair and Makeup

I feel that for this film, hair and makeup are really important. In order to make sure the character is portraying elegance, it is not just about where its filmed and what the shots look like. It is important that Sophie is looking elegant and sophisticated to match. I have already sorted out most of the outfits and the costume that she is going to wear but I wanted to have a closer look at what sort of hair and makeup I want. I looked on the internet for inspiration and came across several images that I feel will work really well in terms of an expensive and elegant look. You can view some these images below:

Look One:


Look Two:


Look Three:


Look Four: 


Look Five: 


Look Six:


Eye Look One: 


Eye Look Two: 


Eye Look Three: 


Hair & Eye Look One:



After reviewing these images I decided to narrow them down and make it more simple for a look I am trying to achieve. Out of the first 6 looks, I really like the hair in two and 6. I feel the down wavy hair can look really nice and slick. It's modern and elegant whilst still looking effortless. I also like the way things have been done in hair and eye look one at the bottom as a slicked back ponytail could contrast and show a difference with what's already been done but still give the same feel. The makeup is very understated but gives a high-end look which will compliment the character. Out of the eye looks, I feel Eye look two would be the best thing to go for. I want the make up to look nice but not too over the top. As the character is only dreaming about this as her life, I feel she may not necessarily know how to do complicated make up so this look seems to fit the best.

I will relay these images to the hair and makeup artist so that she knows the sort of looks I am trying to achieve ensuring we are on the same page.

No comments:

Post a Comment