Tuesday 29 January 2019

Major Project Production Unit - Further Casting

Due to the script changing, I need 2 more characters to cast. This is someone for the cleaner role and Lorna who is the character who owns the house. I decided to go onto mandy.com (previously known as Casting Call Pro) to put out another advert. You can see the listing below:




Once this was done, the advert went live within 24 hours and I started to get applications flooding in. I then was able to look at showreels and narrow them down to possible potentials. With the cleaner role, I was being even more decisive. With one of the stories plot twists being revealed that when Sophie shoots the cleaner earlier in the movie, she is actually shooting herself, I wanted the cleaner to look a little bit like her so we get a clearer hidden message or its noticeable when re-watched. There are two people who applied that have similarities to her. 


I have contacted these actresses asking for showreels and what their availability is like on the production dates. 

With Lorna, I can picture what she looks like in the film. Making sure I incorporated this into the script I made sure I was looking for these attributes through the applicants. I wanted her to have quite a hard looking face to fit with the bad attitude business character and to make sure she gives an unfriendly feel to her. I came across a woman named Cate who seemed very interested to play the role. She has the type of look I was thinking and her showreel was very impressive carrying the sort of acting I am looking for.  


With a hair and makeup artist, I can achieve a look that is glamorous to fit the idea that Sophie is trying on her clothes and everything matches up. I will be skype interviewing her in the next few days to find out more information and to assure she will be suitable. 





No comments:

Post a Comment