Thursday 7 December 2017

Fiction Adaptation Unit - Shoot Day Two (Home)

This was another evening shoot like the day before so we once again all had to wait till it was dark. I picked the actress up a little bit earlier around 2:30pm and took her into the studios as I wanted to do some voice over with her. I may use some voice over in the final edit if it gives impact rather than contextualizing the story through it. Once we had finished that we then headed to may house and set up the living room making it believable that we would be in a club. We moved all the furniture around and made a clear space against a white wall. We then set up the tripod and the track and dolly as I wanted these bits to be more static than the previous days shoot but with some smooth movement as well. The actress went upstairs to get changed and we set up a lighting system that I own that can change color of the lights. I also wanted to add a cloudy smoke effect so I used a fog machine as well.

Once we had set up everything we all got into position and began with a few static shots with the lights changing. We had bass music on in the background as well so that the actress could really get into character. I got a variety of wides, close ups and mid shots so that when it came to editing I would have a real choice that I could work with. We then slid the camera along the track side to side with the actress focusing on the camera. Since I'm shooting in 50fps this could look really good when its slowed down to half speed at 25fps creating smooth fluid slow motion.



When we had finished all so these I then decided to try a strobe effect with the smoke and the actress dancing in the middle. This I feel worked really well and will give a dramatic effect when it comes to the edit. I also followed with more colorful shots of the actress dancing so that I could really portray that she was a dancer. I then called a wrap of the shoot and we all packed up the equipment before taking the actress back home.



Overall I feel the shoot went really well and although looking at the footage, some of it turned out grainy, this actually works quite well in contrast to the high quality shots in Soho as it conveys the gritty and seediness of the gentlemen's club.

No comments:

Post a Comment