Thursday 1 December 2016

Storytelling Unit - Final Draft Of Screenplay

After redrafting my screenplay using Steve's feedback and then redrafting for the 3rd time I have finished my screenplay. There was a lot to take into consideration with grammatical errors and evolving the story so it makes more sense.

Although he said he liked the story and it flowed well with good twists, the characters did not work as they were described in one way and then they behaved in another. I took this on board and made sure from the outset that Harriet was a tease and was only having the affair for sex all the way through. I also showed that she progressively got more and more insane as the story went on rather than a sudden switch of being feeble and weak.

Another thing that Steve described was that the sex was very vanilla and didn't work with it being instigated as it needed to be bold for it to tie in with the story line and the characters behaviours. I decided to add the sex scene in and made it cold and rough to align with the characters personalities and to portray the desperation of both their needs. He said I need to be brave and take the story to the next level so writing a sex scene, although difficult, really added to my story.

I finished the screenplay and I am happy with the adaptations I have made to turn the story into something that flows better and makes more sense.

No comments:

Post a Comment