Monday 13 February 2017

Directions Unit - Casting Call Pro Update

I have managed to cast two actors for the lead roles of my production. After several people replying to my advert I went through the process of elimination looking at show reels and asking people to send me a clip of them doing a part of the script.


With a lot of deliberation I decided to cast my female role with the actress I used in my previous project. She was very keen to work on another production with me again and expressed her love of the character. After a few phone calls I thought she would be perfect for the part.


With the male role I had a lot more trouble. The few that had applied were not suitable for the role and I didn't want my friends, family or people from the course to act this complex character. I decided to do a search on the Casting Call Pro website and started to contact actors directly. I heard nothing for a while then 4 people came back to me at once expressing their interest for the role. After several phone calls with each of them and negotiating travel costs I have secured a male actor for the production.




No comments:

Post a Comment